August 30, 2015

girls day


Sweet, sweet summer days. Is there really anything better? There are a lot of things I love about summer, but the social acceptability of topping basically everything with ice cream might be my ultimate favourite. I made these coconut creamsicle margaritas a couple summers ago and they were amazing, my favourite summer drink I've come across thus far, so I knew I had to make them again with Sunny and Navneet! Our day was blissfully lazy and cuddly and perfect.


coconut creamsicle margaritas, slightly modified from howsweeteats

ingredients for 2 small servings:
  • 2 ounces of coconut rum
  • 2 ounces of orange juice
  • 1 1/2 ounces of tequila
  • 1 ounce of lime juice
  • 1 ounce coconut water
  • 1 ounce canned light coconut milk
  • 1 ounce simple syrup (equal parts sugar and water, boiled then cooled)
  • vanilla ice cream
  • honey and toasted coconut for glass rims
directions:

to rim glasses, fill a plate with coconut. rub honey over the rims of the glasses then place on the plate with coconut. set aside.

combine coconut rum, orange juice, tequila, lime juice, coconut water, coconut milk and simple syrup in a shaker and shake well for 30 seconds. pour into glass rimmed with coconut and scoop as much ice cream as you want on top. drink!

No comments:

Post a Comment